top of page
film stri[p 1a.png

EPACHA Foundation's

Humanitarian / Environmental

and OTHER . . .

Emergency Announcements

July - December 2 0 2 6

Reminder:

Disasters and Emergencies Continue

to Occur Around the World

Keep informed here:

GDACS MAP.jpg

GDACS is a cooperation framework between the United Nations,

the European Commission and disaster managers worldwide

to improve alerts, information exchange and

coordination in the first phase after major sudden-onset disasters.

Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid

Continues to be Needed!

800px-Flag_of_the_United_Nations_svg.png
GDACS LOGO.jpg
EU FLAG 1a.png

-

warning logo 1a.gif
IAEA BANNER LOGO 1ab.jpg
warning logo 1a.gif

Russia's Illegal War Against 

Ukraine Continues 

With Death and 

Destruction Endangering

The Whole of Humanity!

Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi 1a.jpg

  UPDATES: 2026

Ukraine Zaporizhzya Nuclear Power Station 

-

14 August 2026

-

The Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) briefly lost all off-site power on 8 August, the third such loss in a week, underscoring the fragile nuclear safety and security situation at the site amid the ongoing conflict, IAEA Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said today.

The plant lost connection to its only remaining off-site power line, the 330 kilovolt (kV) Ferosplavna-1 line, prompting all available emergency diesel generators to automatically start up and power the plant's vital safety systems. 

It was the 25th complete loss of off-site power (LOOP) at the ZNPP since the start of the conflict, and the 13th since April.

The ZNPP’s main 750 kV Dniprovska power line has remained unavailable since March, when the line was damaged. Although repairs to the Dniprovska line were successfully completed during the sixth Agency-negotiated ceasefire in June 2026, the line could not be re-energized due to extensive damage at an associated electrical substation located more than 100 kilometres north-west of the plant. Consequently, the ZNPP continues to rely on the single Ferosplavna-1 off-site line, a situation that has contributed to repeated LOOP events.  Before the military conflict, the plant had ten off-site power lines.

“The increasing frequency of power losses at the plant is deeply concerning. A reliable connection to the electricity grid remains essential for nuclear safety and security,” Director General Grossi said.

Later on 8 August, at around 14:30 local time, there was a brief voltage drop on the 330 kV Ferosplavna-1 line, which led to the disconnection of the interconnection line between the 330 kV Zaporizhzhya Thermal Power Plant switchyard and the main autotransformer in the 750 kV ZNPP open switchyard. The plant’s power system reportedly switched automatically, drawing electricity from the 330 kV switchyard to supply the back-up transformers. Although the IAEA team at the site did not observe the activation of emergency diesel generators, it is following up with the plant to assess the response of the plant’s systems to the grid event.

As reported in last week’s update, due to the prolonged unavailability of the 750 kV Dniprovska line and continuing difficulties in resupplying the site’s diesel fuel stores because of military activity in the area, the ZNPP decided to increase the water levels in the spent fuel pools of all six reactor units.

Over the past week, the IAEA team at the site has observed this measure being implemented at all six units. By raising the water levels in the spent fuel pools, the site is increasing the time available before water could begin to boil and thereby strengthening safety margins in the unlikely event of an extended LOOP event during which diesel fuel supplies were exhausted and cooling could not be maintained.

“This is a prudent step to strengthen safety margins and prepare for unlikely but potentially critical scenarios. At the same time, it does not reduce the urgent need for reliable off-site power and full respect for the IAEA’s Five Concrete Principles for protecting the plant,” Director General Grossi said.

The IAEA team at the ZNPP continued to hear military activity, including explosions, several times a day, often at distances that appeared to be close to the site. The plant also continued to report military activity in the nearby city of Enerhodar, where many plant staff live, as well as drone activity in and around the site.

Elsewhere in Ukraine, nuclear sites continued to report air raid alarms and drone activity. The South Ukraine Nuclear Power Plant (SUNPP) reported air raid alarms on a near daily basis and detected two drones within its monitoring area late last week. The Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant also reported air raid alarms on a near daily basis, with a noticeable increase over the weekend, when the site reported detecting two drones within its monitoring area.

The IAEA also continued its comprehensive programme of assistance to Ukraine, delivering equipment to help address nuclear safety and security needs at facilities across the country.

Recent deliveries included primary healthcare and emergency medical equipment, diagnostic devices, patient support equipment and associated consumables for the Centre of Primary Health Care in Slavutych; one ventilator for a hospital supporting the SUNPP; eight alpha detectors for SSE Ecocentre; and protective masks and gas filters for the Rivne Nuclear Power Plant.

These deliveries were made possible with funding from Canada, the Czech Republic, Japan and Sweden.

Text Courtesy, IAEA

CLICK BELOW - READ/LEARN MORE:

RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
IAEA BANNER LOGO 1ab.jpg
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

 SEE ALSO:

-

See EPACHA's Web Pages:

-

-

-

film stri[p 1a.png

1 January 2026

CRITICAL QUESTION?!

SUN AND EARTH 2ab.gif

AT THE ONSET & THROUGHOUT THIS

NEW YEAR OF 2026

ARE GLOBAL CULPRITS WILLING TO ENSURE 

"A JUST & SUSTAINABLE PEACE"

WITH "VIABLE REBUILDING EFFORTS" FOR

THOSE FAMILIES OF POPULATIONS

WHOSE LIVES, LOVED ONES & HOMES HAVE

BEEN ILLEGALLY TARGETED WITH

THE HEINOUS CRIME OF

"GENOCIDE" AND BRUTALITIES OF INTENTIONALLY

CONSTRUCTED, AGGRESSIVE "WAR CRIMES"

COMMITTED AGAINST INNOCENT

"FAMILIES OF HUMANITY?!"

Urgent REMINDER:

RECKLESS, POLITICAL HOSTILITIES SHOULD NOT ADD MORE

"DIRE EMERGENCIES" 

TO  THIS GLOBAL WORLD ALREADY IN 

THE GRIPS OF THE RAGING FURY

OF MOTHER NATURE'S

UNCONTROLLABLE NATURAL DISASTERS OCCURRING

WITH MORE FREQUENCIES

IN OUR PRESENT TIME.

- epacha Foundation - 

film stri[p 1a.png

Emergency Announcements: Jan - June 2026

- Continued -

Continue scrolling down for additional announcements.

film stri[p 1a.png

 JAPAN: 7.1

Kumamoto
EARTHQUAKE

UPDATE: AUGUST 6, 2026

Foreign nationals support one another following
quake in Kumamoto

RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

JULY 28, 2026

At least 38 people were killed and dozens more were injured.

RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

MUST SEE VIDEO

Video Courtesy, Japan Media Review

MUST SEE VIDEO

Video Courtesy, ANNnewsCH

MASSIVE MALL DEVASTATION:
MUST SEE VIDEO:

Video Courtesy, Nippon Television News Japan

Natural disasters continue to occur Around the World!

OCHA LOGO 2a.jpg
UNITED NATIONS LOGO.jpg
RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png

WE CAN ALL HELP!

Make Your Mark in Humanitarian History!

RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png
OCHA LOGO 2a.jpg
RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

-

Keep up-to-date with:

2000px-USGS_logo_svg.png
2000px-USGS_logo_svg.png
2000px-USGS_logo_svg.png

-

film stri[p 1a.png

 COLOMBIA: 7.4

Massive
EARTHQUAKE

UPDATE: AUGUST 12, 2026

UN continues scaling up response to earthquake in Colombia

RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

August 10, 2026

On 10 August 2026, a Mw 7.4 earthquake struck the department of Chocó in Colombia, causing extensive damage and multiple injuries.

RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

MUST SEE VIDEO

Video Courtesy, CBS News

MUST SEE VIDEO

Video Courtesy, Peru21 TV Channel

7.4 Magnitude Earthquake in Colombia: the aftermath.
MUST SEE VIDEO:

Video Courtesy, Forbes Breaking News

WFP LOGO 5a.jpeg
UNITED NATIONS LOGO.jpg
RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png

UN offers support to Colombia after

magnitude 7.4 earthquake kills dozens

UN teams in Colombia are liaising with national authorities and the country’s disaster risk management agency to closely monitor the situation and support the national response.

Speaking in New York, UN Deputy Spokesperson Farhan Haq said the organization was following developments and stood ready to provide assistance.

“Our thoughts go out to all who have suffered as a result of this earthquake, and we stand ready to help as needed,” Mr. Haq said.

The earthquake struck at around 7:34am local time, with its epicentre near San José del Palmar, in Chocó department, close to Valle del Cauca.

The UN has teams assessing the situation in the affected areas and is preparing, together with the Government, an initial emergency response meeting to determine needs and what assistance could be mobilized, according to the UN Resident Coordinator in Colombia, María José Torres Macho.

Text Courtesy, United Nations

Read more on the following web pages:

WHO PAHO LOGO 1ab.webp
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

Several UN agencies have expressed solidarity with affected communities and said they are ready to assist, pending a Government request.

The World Food Programme (WFPsaid it has the capacity to provide humanitarian assistance in support of the Government and national emergency authorities.

The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) – part of the wider UN system – said it is in close contact with national authorities.

The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is also monitoring the situation and stands ready to support the response, including providing assistance to those displaced. 

Text Courtesy, United Nations

Read more on the following web pages:

WE CAN ALL HELP!

Make Your Mark in Humanitarian History!

RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png
OCHA LOGO 2a.jpg
RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

-

Keep up-to-date with:

2000px-USGS_logo_svg.png
2000px-USGS_logo_svg.png
2000px-USGS_logo_svg.png

-

film stri[p 1a.png

INDONESIA: 7.7

MAGNITUDE
EARTHQUAKE

August 15, 2026

On 15 August 2026, at 05:58 WITA, a Mw 7.7 
earthquake struck off the coast of the
island of Flores in East Nusa Tenggara,
Indonesia. At least 47 people
were killed and 50 others were injured.

RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

Natural disasters continue to occur Around the World!

MUST SEE VIDEO:

Video Courtesy, Forbes Breaking News

EMERGENCY:

WIDESPREAD DESTRUCTION

MUST SEE VIDEO

Video Courtesy, Wild WeatherUS

MUST SEE VIDEO

Video Courtesy, Oneindia News

WE CAN ALL HELP!

Make Your Mark in Humanitarian History!

RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png
OCHA LOGO 2a.jpg
RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

-

Keep up-to-date with:

2000px-USGS_logo_svg.png
2000px-USGS_logo_svg.png
2000px-USGS_logo_svg.png

-

film stri[p 1a.png

 VENEZUELA

 7.2 and 7.5
 
Twin Earthquakes

 State of Emergency

UPDATE: AUGUST 12, 2026

WHO Response to the 2026 Venezuela Earthquakes

WHO PAHO LOGO 1ab.webp
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

CASUALTIES INJURED MISSING

RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

June 25, 2026

MUST SEE VIDEO

Video Courtesy, MIRROR NOW

On 24 June 2026, two large strike-slip earthquakes 
affected northwestern and central Venezuela.
The first earthquake, which measured 
Mw 7.2, was centered in 
Yaracuy at a
depth of 20 km (12 mi). This earthquake occurred at 18:04 
VET; it was classified as a foreshock, and was followed 39 seconds later by a Mw 7.5 mainshock. 

MUST SEE VIDEO

Video Courtesy, CBC News

Death tolls are expected to rise this morning in
Venezuela after two earthquakes struck near
the capital, trapping people beneath the
rubble of collapsed buildings and
setting off powerful aftershocks.

Press Conference: Delcy Rodríguez, Acting President of Venezuela

MUST SEE VIDEO

Video Courtesy, Times Now World

OCHA LOGO 2a.jpg
UNITED NATIONS LOGO.jpg
WFP LOGO 5a.jpeg
U VENEZUELA EARTHQUAKES 2026 2ab.jpg

Courtesy, United Nations/Gustavo Vera: A view of Caracas, the capital of Venezuela.

At least 164 people have been confirmed dead and 971 were injured after the powerful tremors hit northern areas late Wednesday less than one minute apart. It is not yet known how bad the situation is in the worst-hit state of la Guaira.

According to the US Geological Survey, the first earthquake measured 7.2 on the Richter Scale. Its epicentre was near the city of San Felipe, home to some 220,000 people. The second quake was registered at 7.5 magnitude and was reportedly the strongest tremor to hit the country in more than 125 years.

Responding to the emergency, the UN aid office, OCHA, announced the rapid deployment of Urban Search and Rescue Teams from across the international community through the International Search and Rescue Advisory Group

“I’m in constant contact with our team in Caracas, led by Humanitarian Coordinator Gianluca Rampolla, to ensure a swift and effective response,” said UN emergency relief chief, Tom Fletcher. “He has spoken this morning to the interim President, and we are assessing urgently what is needed. Our team in Venezuela is working with the authorities to identify priorities.”

Text Courtesy, United Nations

Read more on the following web pages:

WE CAN ALL HELP!

Make Your Mark in Humanitarian History!

RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png
OCHA LOGO 2a.jpg
WFP LOGO 5a.jpeg
RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

-

Pope Leo sends aid to earthquake-struck Venezuela

POPE LEO SENDS AID FOR VENEZUELAN EARTHQUAKES QUAKES 6.25.2026 1ab.jpg
VATICAN NEWS LOGO 1ab.png

As rescue efforts continue and the full scale of the disaster begins to emerge,

Pope Leo XIV has sent an initial emergency donation of one hundred thousand euros through the Apostolic Almoner's Office.

Text Courtesy, the vatican - 25 june 2026

Read more on the Following Web Page:

-

-

WE CAN ALL HELP!

RED CROSS VENEZUELA EARTHQUAKES 2026 3ab.jpg

IFRC launches emergency appeal to assist 300,000 people and dispatches first 17 tonnes of humanitarian cargo

ifrc logo 2ab.png

 courtesy ifrc 

RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

-

-

Keep up-to-date with:

2000px-USGS_logo_svg.png
2000px-USGS_logo_svg.png
2000px-USGS_logo_svg.png

-

film stri[p 1a.png
WHO LOGO 8abcd.png
WHO LOGO 8abcd.png
WHO LOGO 8abcd.png

DRC: Ebola Outbreak

EBOLA DRC EXTERNAL SITUATION REPORT 1abc.png

Weekly External Situation Report

RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

Save the Date: 5 June 2026

UN WHO LOGO.jpg
AFRICA CDC LOGO 5ab.png

3 June 2026

30 May 2026

17 May 2026

WHO EBOLA OUTBRAK DRC 2026 5ab.jpg

Courtesy, UNICEF/Carmel Ndomba A child washes her hands at a school in Ituri Province in the DR Congo.

The UN health agency on Wednesday assessed there is a high risk from the Bundibugyo strain at the national and regional levels, but a low risk globally.

However, the UN agency’s emergency committee believes that, at this stage, it does not meet the criteria for a pandemic emergency.

To date, 51 cases have been confirmed in the Congolese provinces of Ituri and North Kivu, even though the scale of the epidemic is much larger. WHO has tallied nearly 600 suspected cases and 139 suspected deaths so far, with two cases linked to the outbreak detected in Kampala, Uganda.

Because no licensed vaccine or specific treatment currently exists for this rare strain the health authorities are seeking to quickly interrupt transmission in a region marked by insecurity and population displacement.

With support from UN peacekeeping mission MONUSCO, the World Food Programme (WFP), Doctors Without Borders (MSF), and other partners, experts and medical equipment have already been deployed to the affected areas, while treatment centres are being set up.

Speaking to UN News, Dr. Marie Roseline Belizaire, the WHO Emergency Director for Africa, emphasized the importance of a response built on community trust. “The speed of the response in the first days is essential to interrupt transmission and avoid a wider spread of this epidemic,” she stressed.

Text Excerpt Courtesy, United Nations

Read more on the following web page:

WE CAN ALL HELP!

Make Your Mark in Humanitarian History!

RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png
WHO FOUNDATION NEW LOGO 1ab.png
RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

See Also:

WHO LOGO 8abcd.png
WHO LOGO 8abcd.png
WHO LOGO 8abcd.png

-

film stri[p 1a.png

GAZA:

Gaza children trapped ‘in an endless cycle of suffering’: UNICEF

May 29, 2026

Gaza children trapped ‘in an endless cycle of suffering’ - UNICEF 5.29.2026.jpg

Courtesy, UNICEF/Eyad El Baba: The war has taken an unimaginable toll on children in the Gaza Strip.

“The experiences of the desperate parents I met this past week can illustrate this better than I could,” UNICEF Communication Specialist, Salim Oweis told journalists attending the bi-weekly humanitarian briefing at the UN in Geneva. 

Among them is Hind who hasn’t slept ever since her daughter Masa, 4, was bitten by a rat during the night.

They are sheltering in a building “where sewage water leaks through the ceilings, and rodents crawl through the cracks in the building and climb the exposed pipes.” 

Text Excerpt Courtesy, United Nations

Read more on the following web page:

WE CAN ALL HELP!

Make Your Mark in Humanitarian History!

RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png
UNICEF LOGO 5ab.png
RELIEFWEB LOGO 1ab.png
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif
RED ARROW gif.gif

-

film stri[p 1a.png

-

If you’ve missed the work of EPACHA in its Phase I duration, please be encouraged to click on the below web links.

Sincerest Thanks are Extended to http://archive.org/web/ for having made possible an archived viewing of

 

EPACHA Foundation’s entire volume of its Phase I web pages:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180321225044/http://www.epacha.org/Pages/Home_Page_BkUp3.aspx

Complete List of EPACHA - Phase I web pages:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180321224129/http://www.epacha.org/Pages/Site_Map_List_of_EPACHAs_Web_Pages.aspx

J U L Y   2 0 2 6    -   U P D A T E D   -   A U G U S T   2 0 2 6

EPACHA Foundation - All Rights Reserved

© 2023 by Closet Confidential. Proudly created with Wix.com    

  • b-facebook
  • Twitter Round
  • Instagram Black Round
bottom of page